I have rewritten the mobile version of this website.
Changes in Version 1.9
- Progress: Content updates are loaded into the existing DOM using AJAX improving loading and layout speed.
- Progress: Swiping gesture support was re-implemented using Ramp Interactive’s excellent touchSwipe plugin for jQuery. This allows me to drop the requirement for jQuery mobile.
- Progress: CSS was straightened up, improving layout speed.
- Regress: There is no visual feedback for sliding, which makes swiping through the history of blog-postings less accessible but saves me the trouble of implementing a replacement for the relevant jQuery mobile FX.
Overall, the progress outweights the regress, so I put it live. 🙂
Changes in Version 2.0
- Progress: If user has enabled cookies in webbrowser, user can switch back and forth between desktop and mobile view of single post.