„jack-autostart“ is essentially a start script (I use it for my XFCE sessions) that
- starts „jackd“ with appropriate command line parameters and
- configures as many applications as possible to route playback to the JACK service.
- For this purpose, redirect all ALSA playback to JACK, and
- set JACK as default audiosink/-source for GStreamer.
People who are interested in JACK, who know how to compile and install stuff. Knowledge of ALSA, JACK, samplerates and periods are a plus. Known to conflict with PA; untested with „jackd2“.
Please note that this software is experimental, has barely been tested at all, and might not render your audio output operational; the usual disclaimers of „PROVIDED AS IS“ and „NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND“ apply. Should you run into trouble, feel free to contact me; there also is a section „If Something Goes Wrong“ in the README that describes steps to revert the installation.
- Download and install as superuser.
- Run „jack-autostart-config“ once as regular user.
- Optional: Test manually using „jack-autostart“ script.
- Optional: Write fan email.